Essays, opinions, and advice on the act of computer programming from Stack Overflow.
The Overflow #162: The great testing flake off New Collective for Azure, the logic of the universe, and !document.write().
Comparing tag trends with our Most Loved programming languagesThe Most Loved languages are those that appeal to veteran developers.
How chaos engineering preps developers for the ultimate game day (Ep. 531)In complex systems, you usually want to minimize chaos. Unless you're trying to find weak spots. In that case, chaos is your friend.
AI applications open new security vulnerabilitiesYour ML model and AI-as-a-service apps might open new attack surfaces. Here's how to mitigate them.
From your lips to AI’s ears (Ep. 530)The team talks about voice-to-code features, how game developers built accessibility into God of War, and why lab-grown meat is officially safe to eat (hail seitan!).
How to build a universal computation machine with Tetris (Ep. 529)Using only Tetris, you can build a machine capable of universal computation.
The Overflow #161: Git isn’t the only game in townSide project to C-suite, historical telescope lenses, and 3D CSS.
Adding structure to dynamic languagesDynamic languages allow for a lot of flexibility in typing — sometimes too much. Here's how to add some guardrails to your code.
How Intuit improves security, latency, and development velocity with a service meshFind out about all the features the mesh adds to a service architecture automatically.
Microsoft Azure joins Collectives™ on Stack OverflowThere’s now a destination on Stack Overflow for all things Azure.
Flake it till you make it: how to detect and deal with flaky tests (Ep. 528)But it works on my machine at least half the time!
The Overflow #160: Looking back at Hat Cafe 2022 Data reqs for ML, detonate vs. explode, and the top 100 Pens for 2022.
Commit to something big: all about monorepos (Ep. 527)Everything you need to know about monorepos — and the tools to build them.
Stack Gives Back 2022!Let’s start the year on a high note! We’re excited to announce our 14th Stack Gives Back.
Taming multiple design system with a single pluginWe chat about how their design system is evolving into a platform, how AI keeps their brand consistent, and why a design system doesn’t have to solve every use case.
From CS side project to the C-suiteThe best way to know why your users were rage clicking? Check the instant replay.
Beyond Git: The other version control systems developers useOur developer survey found 93% of developers use Git. But what are the other 7% using?
The Overflow #159: Our top blog posts (part 2) Reading academic papers, hidden spam links, and language in the brain
Our favorite apps, books, and games of 2023 (Ep. 524)From BeReal to RetroPi, we look back at what brought us joy last year.